Monday, March 28, 2011

This Month...

Ben and I had an amazing trip to the Florida Keys and stayed at my Papa Gary and MaryAnne's house. Their house is SO awesome and in the best spot right on the bay. It was such a nice wedding gift from them and it's been so long since I've been able to spend time with them. We had a blast. We were there for 6 days and the weather was perfect the whole time. We went kayaking, snorkeling, deep sea fishing, diving for lobster, and we collected stone crab out of traps. I was so proud of Ben for eating both fish AND crab AND a bite of a tuna sandwich! Haha! He doesn't like fish so it was pretty impressive of him. I on the other hand LOVE fish and was so happy to eat it so fresh. Now that we're back in Provo I really REALLY am sick of the weather. It just doesn't compare to the sunny 80 degrees of Florida.
I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for this school semester and I'm soooo relieved! English has been killing me, but I just finished the rough draft for my research paper and everything should be downhill from here. 2 more tests in both of my art history classes and one more paper for art history. I think I have the nicest husband in the world because he actually wrote one of my art history papers that was due while I was stressing over and writing my research paper. I love him to death.
We are still waiting to here back from the Construction company in San Diego on whether or not the contract for the Canada job goes through. Having things up in there air is not good when you're husband is currently unemployed! At least I'm bringing home the bacon at the moment...haha yeah right. We'd be on the street if we lived off my income alone. Thank goodness Ben has some money saved as well as a back up job plan of installing alarm systems(if for some reason this job doesn't go through).
If things work out, Ben should be working in San Diego for a few weeks and I'm hoping I can make it down for a week or two after schools out before we have to move to Canada. I need some California sun and I need to hang out with my family before we live even farther apart then we are now!
That about sums things up at the moment. Here's a few pics from our trip to Florida:


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! I hope that things fall into place with the construction company. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers that everything works out. Glad you had some fun in the sun, good luck with the end of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I have figured out why I have not been able to comment on your blog! We shall see! So glad that you got to spend time at Papa Gary's and MA's! I bet it was hard to go back to cold weather after that! Glad you are almost done with this semester!

    ReplyDelete