Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our DIY projects

Since moving into our apartment in San Diego we've done a few do-it-yourself projects here and there. I have to give a lot of the credit to my handy husband Ben who does most of the work when it comes to building things. We made a headboard and we were going for a redish-pinkish-orange color, but the best fabric we could find for an affordable price looked a little more orange once it was in our room. I had a few ideas for a shelf and hooks to hold my necklaces and then a picture frame and wire-mesh to hold my earrings. There's a perfect little "nook" inside our bedroom where I wanted to have a make-up table and one day I came home and Ben had built one for me out of wood from our old headboard and I love it! What a guy, what a guy. So...Here's a few pictures of our DIY projects :)



6 comments:

  1. Impressive! Love how the make-up/jewelry corner turned out! I really enjoy when I actually get a project done that I wanted to do. Even better when it works like I want too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this stuff looks so much better in person....they are both so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And the fact that he made your table without you really asking him, AMAZING! What an amazing husband, you have taught him well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That all looks great! You guys are so creative, and it's cool that you know how to build stufff, I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - it looks great. You guys should start your own show!! We are excited to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete