Sunday, October 16, 2011

The newest Bloomers employee!

This past week after spending the week before unpacking and working on projects for our apartment I finally started looking for a job.  Ben thought I gave the weakest effort ever....maybe I did but I was easing myself into it haha. Well my "hard work" paid off! I'd like to believe my new job was destiny. I had found a job post on craigslist for a floral shop assistant and was determined to get that position. After sending my resume I didn't hear back from anyone for two days. I then tried to find the floral shop myself and went to three in the area with no luck...turns out there's a LOT of floral shops around La Jolla. The next day I decided to just call every floral shop in the area and ask if they were hiring a shop assistant. The third shop I called said they were hiring and I was shocked! I told them I would bring a resume by later and then the owner called me back and asked if I would just come in for an interview...um YES. After talking to the owner for a few minutes I realized that they weren't even the shop I had seen on craigslist and she told me she thought it was so weird I had called because she was just thinking about all the details for the position this morning. We both agreed it was destiny and after chatting for a bit she offered me the job!!! I was so excited, the owner was so excited, and Ben was RELIEVED. Haha. I couldn't believe I had found a job so fast, but I am VERY grateful. For the first time in my life I'm actually excited about a new job. 
Ben just informed me that I can't write a blog post without pictures...so....here's some pictures of random stuff since we moved to California :)
 Awww Ben and Jordan taking a wittle nap together. Haha!
 Rachel all ready to go to homecoming. So pretty :)





 Travis turned 31! And he's excited, can't you tell :)
 Aidan thanking/attacking Jordan with his new Thor hammer they got him for his B-day
 After shock of being attacked by Thor!                

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So happy you got a floral job...lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Ben had you post picture's since I have not seen most of these! So excited about your job!

    ReplyDelete