Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Shrine

I made a little conglomeration of all our Valentine's stuff. My mom sent Ben and I cute cards, delicious mint chocolate cookies for Ben, and chocolates for me. She's great. I bought Ben some under-armour briefs that he wears for the gym(I was bad at washing the two pairs he had over and over again so I decided he needed another pair). I also got roses from Ben and we exchanged our Valentine cards :)
So I thought we were celebrating Valentine' day on the Saturday before so I gave him my present that night because I didn't want to wait until Monday. We just went out to dinner with a group of friends which was fun, but it didn't really feel like Valentines Day...maybe because it wasn't! So Monday rolls around and I get a text from Ben asking me if I wanted to go to dinner with him that night. Of course I said yes because I never turn down eating out and then I realized he could only be doing this if it was for Valentines Day. So...I had decided to make snicker-doodles for Ben, but didn't end up doing it on Saturday because I was too busy, so I rushed and made them on my 15 min break since V-day was back on! Haha. Then I wrote in the card I bought for him and ended up getting off work early which was perfect because I was a mess and still needed to get ready. ANYWHO...Ben gets home with a bouquet of roses and a card. I was so surprised because he had just said a few weeks earlier he wasn't going to get me flowers on V-day because their a rip off(how romantic haha, but I agreed it was a rip off) Well I guess Costco has good deals on flowers! Haha. He made me so happy and I was so surprised. I asked him what happened to celebrating V-day on Saturday and he said he thought I seemed sad we weren't doing anything on the real v-day. Haha so cute. We went to dinner and I was so happy and thankful for the sweet hunk I married :) Love him to death.

2 comments:

  1. That Ben, he really is nicer than he'd like people to believe. So I thought I added your blog to mine a million years ago, but obviously not, since I haven't been reading it. Now it's for sure added, and I'm reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like you guys are being very nice and thoughtful to each other. I didn't realize you had started another blog since your wedding - so now I will be checking it more often!! Good job you two!

    ReplyDelete