Monday, May 16, 2011

New summer tradition in the making

After a long week of school and work, Sunday comes. Ben and I go to church together and then as of last week, we started a tradition of Sunday picnics. There' a park a little ways into the Provo Canyon that is our picnic place of choice and the last two Sundays have been glorious outside. We bring our mini barbecue and cook up some hot dogs and just have a gay ol' time together. It really is so nice after being busy all week to just relax outside and hang out with just the two of us. Yesterday we brought a football and Ben taught be some plays haha...I can just see him with our boys some day (please let us have some boys who wanna play football!). I sometimes joke that our whole family can be football players, even if we have girls I'm sure they'll be big enough haha! Really though, let's hope not.
The only picture I had time to take before the battery died was this one after walking behind the park to look at the river. The mountains are so pretty and they turn SO GREEN in the summer. Love that about Utah.
Sunday also happens to be an eat whatever you want day usually...it just feels right. I decided that I wanted to make this red velvet cake recipe that I made for Ben's Birthday last year. It is soooo good and moist and delicious. The best part is it's half homemade half not. You use a regular plain butter cake box mix and add things to it. I'm going to have to freeze the rest of it so we don't eat it this week! Mondays mean back to eating healthy :)
Here's the damage from yesterday...Ben really likes cake. I'm surprised he didn't finish it, but I think he was holding back a little.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that sounds like good times! And you have to send that recipe to me, red velvet is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent it to you! Since you're pregnant I think you should make it and eat the whole thing...you deserve it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. Thanks! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. call me over next time and ill finish it for ya :) your sundays sound fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We enjoyed seeing you guys over the weekend. I am surprised that you had time to have your picnic with all the truck work and driving back and forth to Salt Lake. I am glad to see you guys establishing some traditions and spending time together. Enjoy the rest of the cake - we are back on the program this week - no fun!

    ReplyDelete