Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hallelujah! What a blessing

Our second week in California Ben went out and dropped off about 40 or 50 resumes to construction companies all over San Diego. We went to the Temple that Friday and about an hour after we left he gets a call for an interview that Monday! Blessing! The funny thing was, it was for a company he had just applied to online through craigslist, not even one of the companies he went and dropped off a resume to! He has spent the last four months applying online and then BAM...he gets one from applying online as soon as we move to California. I'm am so so SO grateful. 
The company is called Rore and their office is in LaJolla. He will be managing some jobs at the Naval Bases in Coronado Island and Point Loma and he's pretty excited to have a pass onto the bases. I'm pretty excited that I can finally start looking for a new job!! Even though the thought of starting a new job always gives me anxiety haha. I'm planning on giving my job notice next week and possibly might work for them a little bit longer until I find something new. We'll see.
Next thing on our list is to find a place to live! We're going to stay with my parents for a few more weeks so we can start looking and keep saving up money...the more money the better, rent is NOT cheap here.
It's such a blessing he found a job so quickly and we're both very very grateful :)

6 comments:

  1. We are so excited about Ben's job!! You'll do great finding another job - or you could work on developing your own graphic design business doing announcements and stationery, etc. The possibilities are endless! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! We're glad you guys are going to be closer to us! Thanks for sparing him for the weekend so we can get the heck out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Evaly's idea of doing your own business....but anything will be a wonderful change! Excited for you and Ben! We went and looked at his new office building and it is very nice and in a really nice part of La Jolla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy for you guys too! Hooray! I knew Ben would be freaking out about getting to go on the base, he loves seals as we all know... And I am also glad that you can get a new job and I totally know what you mean about the anxiety of starting a new job!! How is everyone's dieting going!? Your mom mentioned she was doing the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About the dieting Allyson...my mom and sister are doing great! My mom says she doesn't want me to move out because I make sure they stick to it haha. They lost 5 pounds in the first week and it should keep coming off so we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete