Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back to the drawing board

Ben found out yesterday from the company in San Diego that the contract for the construction job in Canada may take up to a year to go through and that they don't have a position for him. How do you just tell someone they are hired and then take it away from them a month later. I really dislike them. So we're sticking around Utah for a little longer. I must say Ben and I were pretty disappointed about the for sure NO on the Job. Hopefully there will be another opportunity for Ben soon. 
On a more positive note, I'll be done with this semester in 15 days! I'm going to fly home the last day of the semester so I can have a quick visit with the fam before I start school up again on May 9th. My little sister Rachel is going to a Prom that the church is putting on and I really want to help her get ready for it. She told me yesterday that I better be there to do her hair and make-up and it didn't take much persuasion for me to agree! Unfortunately Ben can't come because he'll be starting up alarm installs here pretty soon and he'll have to work. Hopefully we can both go to California later in the summer for a visit and HOPEFULLY he can get a job in San Diego somehow so we can just live there! Haha.
I registered for my last two classes this summer for my associates. After that I'll have to see what our circumstances are and go from there with school decisions, but it feels SO GOOD to have my general ed classes all out of the way!
Well we're off for a visit to Boise with Jeff and Courtney this weekend which will be fun, but I wish I didn't have to work two of the days we're there. Oh well! Guess I should be grateful I can actually work from another state! Our diet will be really hard to stick by when we're on vacation, we LOVE eating out too much! I think we agreed on one meal out but Ben seemed to only halfway agree on that haha...he said he just can't go home and not eat good food! I'll have to keep a close eye on him ;)

4 comments:

  1. You seriously think of your diet that seriously even when you go on vacation?! Hooooooly cow LaLa: YOU ARE PERFECT stoppit right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, well we're doing a biggest loser competition with Ben's family so we gotta be strict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a bummer about the job. I'm sure something will come up. Ben seems to have incredible luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun weekend! Ben will have another job in no time! I am sure of it!

    ReplyDelete