Sunday, January 11, 2009

So I didn't have work Saturday and decided it was time to go sledding. All in all it was really fun... BUT I had the wipe-out of all sledding history. Me and my friend shelly decided to go down a slope that had a huge jump at the bottom. Well technically, one small jump then one big one. Well the first time we went down it we ended up falling off the tube before we went off the jump so....we went round two. We hung on for dear life for round two. As we hit the first jump and went decently flying in the air I realized then that this was going to be...interesting, to say the least. Well there came the huge jump and we went flying, tube flies out from underneath us and all I feel is air for what seemed like forever. When we hit the snow, well when I hit the snow and shelly hit me, I knew it was the BEST wipeout. I tried to laugh but nothing came out. I have never had the wind knocked out of me so bad. Everyone went silent because it looked bad, but we slowly got to our feet. I definitely hit my head really hard and landed on the side of my body in what my friend Paige described saying "you looked like a curled up phetus" hahaha. So I walked up the hill went down again with a friend walked back up and thats when it hit me...the WORST pain in my lower stomach and an increasing headache and feeling like I was going to throw up! I acted like nothing was wrong not wanting to ruin the fun, but then I couldn't take it any longer and we ended going home...I don't know how I made it to the car I was so delirious. SO long story, but here's the worst part and I have a hard time writing about it because I am so completely and utterly dissappointed and will be for the rest of my life. We were going to tape the whole thing on my camera, but right as we were going down the camera died on my friend Paige who was taping. So the first thing I said when we got up from the crash was "At least we got in on tape"...only to find out...we didn't. I haven't been so dissappointed in a long time. Okay anyways here's a few pics from the day.


4 comments:

  1. pahahahahahahahahaha. oh i hate sledding...i always get hurt. i promise im not a blog stalker, it just so happens that everytime you update your blog, it shows up on my blog...and thats why i always am like the first to comment. lol. anywho...sorry about your sledding accident. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...Oh I love your comments! I get so excited when someone besides my mom comments. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I love your comments too. I just realized that sounded mean. oops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so mean! :-) but sometimes the truth hurts tammie! haha KIDDING. Hey at least your mom knows HOW to comment!

    ReplyDelete